The Original Second Temple
An Illustrated Guide to the Layout and Design
of the Pre-Herodian Beis Hamikdash
by Yoav Elan
Before Josephus and before Herod, the original Second Beis Hamikdash stood in Yerushalayim for over three centuries. It is this structure that is described in Maseches Middos and will serve as our guide to the construction of the Third Beis Hamikdash.
The Original Second Temple explores the layout and design of the pre-Herodian Beis Hamikdash in exquisite detail like never before. It features:
• A comparison of the Herodian and pre-Herodian structures
• Clear explanations of each part of the Beis Hamikdash
• Extensive footnotes to source each fact
• Over 130 full-color computer renderings and diagrams
• Appendices with detailed analysis and mathematical formulations
• Complete annotated floor plan of the Beis Hamikdash
This book is available for sale directly from the author or from the Feldheim website.
To preview a sample of the book please click here.
An abridged edition of The Original Second Temple is available as a digital ebook. The digital edition contains the body text and images, but no footnotes, appendices, or other features. A complete digital edition of the print version is not available at this time.
The ebook edition can be purchased at a discounted price from the following sites:
שגיות מי יבין [Errata]
• Opening Quote, last line: "luent" should be "fluent." Curiously, the "f" does not seem to be missing, just invisible.
• Page 44 second paragraph: "7778" should be "78"
• Page 86: The court stenographer should be standing instead of seated, as I explain in this post.